Friday, December 26, 2008

How to configure the ASA 5500 for port forwarding

I have the CISCO ASA 5505 with the base license and I would like to telnet to my access-server from starbuxx.

Yes, I know, I should ssh or vpn to the access-server instead of use the insecure telnet. But I have to study for my CCNA VOICE today and accessing my VOICE LAB is more important than security.

I am going to setup the VPN server this weekend and post the result.

My access-server IP address is : 192.168.3.201 and is located in the inside vlan 2.

Here are the command I entered to have access to telnet to my internal access-server.

static (inside,outside) tcp interface telnet 192.168.3.201 telnet netmask 255.255.255.255

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any any eq telnet
access-group outside_access_in in interface outside



Now, I can use putty to telnet to my access-server.

BRAVO to me.

Please contact me if you have any problem with port forwarding with cisco ASA .

tititech@#gmail.com



My cisco asa :
Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8
VLANs : 3, DMZ Restricted
Inside Hosts : 10
Failover : Disabled
VPN-DES : Enabled
VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled
VPN Peers : 10
WebVPN Peers : 2
Dual ISPs : Disabled
VLAN Trunk Ports : 0
Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled

No comments: